Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Organic Salad

The last several weeks I have went to Sendiks and purchased whatever organic greens they had to bring home and make a salad with. I eat a salad every day Monday - Friday. It all depends on my weekend schedule whether I can fit a salad in there or not.

This week I got spinach, dandelion greens, rainbow chard, two types of kale, arugula, red leaf lettuce, green leaf lettuce, romaine and some carrots.

The rainbow chard was MASSIVE! I have never tried this before but I was excited simply due to its size. It looks like a prehistoric plant it's so big!

I cut up enough for about two days' worth, rinse it real good and put half away in the fridge for tomorrow. I then take the salad I am going to eat, put it in a large bowl, add a few pecans and dried cranberries and toss it with cold pressed, extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I add fresh black pepper for a little flavor.

The fresh produce makes a perfect salad each time. I love the variety of the fresh greens.



1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could email me?

    Jillian

    ReplyDelete