Monday, January 16, 2012

Chicken Tenders in Coconut Oil

I bought a package of cage free, organic chicken tenders. I usually buy the breasts and cut them up, but the store was out of the breasts.

I put two large heaping tablespoons of coconut oil in a pan to heat up.

I coated the tenders in a half whole wheat flour, half organic white flour mixture.

Once the oil was hot, I added the chicken to the pan. I seasoned the chicken with Celtic Sea Salt, pepper and paprika.


Once the tenders were nice and brown on one side, I flipped them over. Once they were flipped, I lightly drizzled them with little bit of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil for the flavor.

This was my first time cooking in coconut oil and the chicken turned out perfect. It had a perfect crisp on each side. I will definitely be using coconut oil for frying and sautéing in the future.





No comments:

Post a Comment